Monday, January 30, 2017

Review: Wrong About the Guy

Review: Wrong About the Guy by Claire LaZebnik

Ellie Withers is definitely not spoiled… so she wishes that George Nussbaum would stop implying that she is. It’s not her fault that her stepfather became a TV star and now they live in a big house and people fawn over her wherever she goes. She doesn’t even like being fawned over. Fortunately, her two closest friends understand her a lot better than George: Heather Smith loved her before she even knew who Ellie’s stepfather was, and handsome Aaron Marquand has a father who’s just as famous.

With Aaron back in town and very much in her life, Ellie feels like things are just fine…or would be if her mother hadn’t hired George to tutor her. George has a habit of making Ellie feel a little less sure of herself, a little less on top of the world, a little less right about everything. Why does he always make her feel like she could be a better person than she is?

When Ellie’s plans for her family, her friends, and even her love life don’t turn out the way she imagined, she begins to wonder if maybe she could stand to learn a thing or two after all…and whether it’s possible—or even likely—that the perfect person to teach her is the last person she’d expected.
-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: This is a modern retelling of Emma, and while I have never read the original book, I really liked this retelling! It was entertaining and fun!

Characters: I liked Ellie! Even when you knew what she was doing may not have been the best thing in the long run, you still understood why she thought it was best. The characters were all good! And George! I liked him a lot! And I liked that her family played a big role in the story, it feels like you don't see that much in YA books.

The cover: It's cute, I like it! And I really like the blue colors on it!

Overall: A fun story that makes me want to read more of this authors books! (And maybe read Emma, too!) If you're looking for a good YA romance, then definitely try it! :)


I checked this book out from my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )