Sunday, June 27, 2021

Mini Review Round Up!

 In an effort to catch to up on some of the e-ARCs I need to review, I decided to write mini reviews of a bunch of them and include them here in one post. And a mini review does not mean I didn't like the book! I'm just behind and am trying to catch up. (My review ratio on Netgalley right now is... not great. But it will get better! Life just got me behind, and I'm doing my best to catch up and review.)

The Ivies by Alexa Donne

This was a twisty YA mystery that I did not guess the ending of at all! Overall, if this book sounds interesting to you, I would definitely recommend trying it!

Thornwood by Leah Cypess

I love fairy tale retellings, and Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorites, so I knew I had to read this MG book! I'm happy I did! This was a really unique take on the original tale, with twists (including the ending) that I did not see coming at all! Overall, I would definitely recommend reading it! And I'm looking forward to reading more retellings by this author!

War and Millie McGonigle by Karen Cushman

This was a good Middle Grade novel about a very sad time in history, that ends with a bit of hope. Overall, I would recommend trying it!

Breathing Underwater by Sarah Allen

This was a quiet Middle Grade book, that I think would be good for anyone who has a family member with depression to read. I related to Ruth and her struggles with depression, and Olivia being there for her, while also learning to thrive herself was really nice to read. Overall, I would definitely recommend this book!

This Is Not the Jess Show by Anna Carey

This was a really unique YA book! I don't want to write too much here, for fear of spoiling people, but I will write that it was well written, with a nice twist. Overall, if you think it sounds interesting, I would recommend trying it!

My Epic Spring Break (Up) by Kristin Rockaway

This was a fun YA romance! I enjoyed reading it as an adult, and I know when I was a teen I would have read this in one sitting and loved it! (And I loved the Taylor Swift references!) Overall, I would definitely recommend reading it!

I received e-ARCs of all of these books from the respective publishers

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading The Ivies right now. So far it's good. Glad you enjoyed it too. Natalie @ Literary Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )