Thursday, June 10, 2021

Review: Sunny Song Will Never Be Famous

Review: Sunny Song Will Never Be Famous by Suzanne Park

A social media influencer is shipped off to a digital detox summer camp in this funny coming-of-age story, perfect for fans of Jenny Han's The Summer I Turned Pretty and Love and Gelato .

Sunny Song's Big Summer Goals:

1) Make Rafael Kim my boyfriend (finally!)

2) Hit 100K followers (almost there…)

3) Have the best last summer of high school ever

Not on Sunny's list: accidentally filming a PG-13 cooking video that goes viral (#browniegate). Extremely not on her list: being shipped off to a digital detox farm camp in Iowa (IOWA??) for a whole month. She's traded in her WiFi connection for a butter churn, and if she wants any shot at growing her social media platform this summer, she'll need to find a way back online.

But between some unexpected friendships and an alarmingly cute farm boy, Sunny might be surprised by the connections she makes when she's forced to disconnect.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: Reading about Sunny learning to unplug, and enjoy life was a great message. Social media can be great (There are a lot of advantages to it! And I honestly think with moderation it can be a great thing.), but if you become obsessed with it, it's more harmful than not. The romance was cute. And her friendships were great! Plus, Suzanne Park really knows how to write humor into her books, which I always appreciate!

Characters: Sunny was a great main character! I liked her friends and family!

The Cover: I really like it! When I was a teen I would have definitely grabbed this book off the shelf after seeing the cover of it!

Overall: This was another excellent book by Suzanne Park, which I would definitely recommend reading!

I received an e-ARC of this book from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )