Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Review: Unseelie!



Twin sisters, both on the run, but different as day and night. One, a professional rogue, searches for a fabled treasure; the other, a changeling, searches for the truth behind her origins, trying to find a place to fit in with the realm of fae who made her and the humans who shun her. 

Iselia “Seelie” Graygrove looks just like her twin, Isolde… but as an autistic changeling trying to navigate her unpredictable magic, Seelie finds it more difficult to fit in with the humans around her. When Seelie and Isolde are caught up in a heist gone wrong and make some unexpected allies, they find themselves unraveling a larger mystery that has its roots in the history of humans and fae alike.

 Both sisters soon discover that the secrets of the faeries may be more valuable than any pile of gold and jewels. But can Seelie harness her magic in time to protect her sister, and herself?

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: This was such a well written fantasy! I don't want to say too much about the plot of this one, because there are some twists that I don't want to spoil for anyone. But just know that I loved the turns the story took, and it managed to surprise me towards the end!

Characters: Seelie was a lead character that I absolutely loved reading the POV from, and I am so happy that we got a YA fantasy with an autistic lead. The side characters, from her sister Isolde, to Raze and Olani, and others that I won't mention by name here, were all really well written and fantastic characters, whether they were allies or villains. 

The Cover: I like it a lot! I love illustrated fantasy covers.

Overall: This was such a wonderful book, that I can't recommend enough! It is definitely a new favorite. If you love fantasy novels, I highly recommend reading this book!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )