Monday, January 11, 2021

Interview With Amy Noelle Parks!


Hi, everyone! Today in the 2021 Debut Author Interviews, I'm happy to present an interview with Amy Noelle Parks, author of the YA novel, The Quantum Weirdness of the Almost-Kiss, which released last week, and the upcoming MG novel, Summer of Brave!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please describe your book, The Quantum Weirdness of the Almost-Kiss, in seven words?

BFFs fall in love online and IRL

What was the inspiration for this book?

I love dual POV romances with all my heart, and Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe's love story has always been one of my favorites. So when I wanted to disappear into something happy after the 2016 election, I thought I might try a story about best friends where the boy has always been in love with the girl and she doesn't know it--only, you know, mathy, because I love that too.

Random Question! What are some of your favorite songs? 

It's no secret--especially to my family--that I listen to One Direction incessantly. For this book, Last First Kiss and Happily were on repeat for months.

I love One Direction's music so much! :)

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Read. So much of my inspiration comes from books I love--both fiction and non-fiction, and I've noticed that the more I write, the more I learn from the books I read.

Great advice! :)

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2021? And if you’ve already read some ‘21 books, would you like to mention them?

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten any sneak previews, but I love all this new energy around romantic comedies. Some I'm super looking forward to:

Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant

We Can't Keep Meeting Like This by Rachel Solomon

Hot British Boyfriend by Kristy Boyd

A Pho Love Story by Loan Le

These all sound excellent! :)

Thank you to Amy Noelle Parks for participating in this event! )

Author Bio: Amy Noelle Parks is an associate professor at Michigan State University. When she’s not using One Direction lyrics as a writing prompt, she’s helping future teachers recover from the trauma of years of school mathematics. She lives in Michigan with her husband and two daughters.

Here Are a Few Links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )