Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Interview With Reese Eschmann!


Hi, everyone! Today I'm pleased to present an interview with Reese Eschmann, the author of the upcoming MG book, Etta Invincible, which releases July 13th!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please describe your book, Etta Invincible, in seven words?

Magical trains, comics, new friends, fear, and fireworks! 

The summary mentions Etta working on her own comic book. I have to ask, who is your favorite superhero?

Ooh this is so hard! I’ll go with a tie between Wonder Woman and Captain America. I love when superheroes fight in really human conflicts, so their origin stories are some of my favorites! But the best superhero movie of all time (in my opinion) is Into the Spiderverse, and I love Miles Morales with all my heart. He gets a mention or two in Etta Invincible! 

Random Question! What’s your favorite thing to bake?

My favorite thing to bake is an upside down apple cake with a demerara caramel glaze! It’s so comforting. I love to experiment with baking and rarely make things more than once, but I’ve made that cake at least five times. 

Ooh, that sounds good! :)

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Find your people! Both writers and non-writers who are excited for you and your career. I kept my writing a secret for too long, and no matter how many times I’ve almost convinced myself that I’m perfectly happy in my own little bubble, the truth is that my writing is always better when I’m surrounded by people who support me and hold me accountable. 

Great advice! :)

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2021? And if you’ve already read some ‘21 books, would you like to mention them?

I just pre-ordered Take Back the Block by Chrystal D. Giles and can’t wait to dive into that in a few weeks! I’m also so excited to read The Wolf’s Curse by Jessica Vitalis! She was one of my mentors and is a wonderful writer and human. And my Pitch Wars co-mentor, Christina Li, just released her debut Clues to the Universe on January 12. It is such a beautiful book! And there are so many more debuts I’m excited about - 2021 is going to be an amazing year for books!

I agree, I think 2021 is going to amazing for books! :)

Thank you to Reese Eschmann for participating in this event! :)

Author Bio: Reese Eschmann holds a Master’s degree in Social Work from the University of Illinois-Chicago and worked in schools for six years. When she’s not writing or taking naps, Reese enjoys rock climbing, baking, and making movies with her family. She lives outside of Chicago with her husband and their hound dog. Etta Invincible is her debut novel.

Here Are a Few Links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )