Friday, January 22, 2021

Interview With Tashie Bhuiyan!

 

Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Tashie Bhuiyan, the author of the upcoming YA novel, Counting Down With You, which releases May 4th!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please describe your book, Counting Down with You, in seven words?

Karina Ahmed makes foolish yet brave choices.

Fake dating is my absolute favorite trope, so I can’t wait to read Counting Down with You! What are some of your favorite tropes?

Fake dating for sure! (And fake marriage as an extension of that!!!) I love enemies to lovers, found family, soulmates, and star-crossed lovers a lot. Also give me any amount of yearning and I'm always in!

Oh, I love all of these tropes so much! :)

Random Question! What’s your favorite Disney movie?

Hands down, it's Tangled. I love Rapunzel so much!!!

Yeeess! I love Tangled! :)

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Keep writing. You have so many stories inside of you. If you let yourself get hung up on one, you're only holding yourself back! You can always return to it later if you want to, but don't let one story define you. :)

This is really good advice! :)

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2021? And if you’ve already read some ‘21 books, would you like to mention them?

I'm looking forward to Clues to the Universe by Christina Li, Gearbreakers by Zoe Hana Mikuta, Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong, You Have a Match by Emma Lord, Dark Rise by C.S. Pacat, and An Emotion of Great Delight by Tahereh Mafi. :)

Excellent picks! :)

Thank you to Tashie Bhuiyan for participating in this event! :)

Author Bio: Tashie Bhuiyan is a Bangladeshi American writer based in New York City. She recently graduated from St. John's University with a bachelor's degree in Public Relations, and hopes to change the world, one book at a time. She loves writing stories about girls with wild hearts, boys who wear rings, and gaining agency through growth. When she's not doing that, she can be found in a Chipotle or bookstore, insisting 2010 is the best year in cinematic history. (Read: Tangled and Inception.) 

Her debut novel COUNTING DOWN WITH YOU (Inkyard/HarperCollins) releases on May 4th, 2021.

Here Are a Few Links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )