Monday, September 6, 2021

Review: Death of a Red-Hot Rancher

 Review: Death of a Red-Hot Rancher by Mimi Granger

Love meets murder in this new cozy mystery series set in a quirky romance bookstore, with a heroine to die for.

Lizzie Hale may be the lucky owner of a successful romance bookshop, Love Under the Covers, but she's decidedly un-lucky in love. Though she's read almost every famous romance novelist, from Jane Austen to Nora Roberts, none have helped her figure out how to get--and keep--a man.

But Lizzie has bigger problems to worry about. Like murder.

When Brody Pierce, swoon-worthy ranch owner and resident bachelor, is found stabbed through the chest, hearts were heard breaking all over idyllic Tinker's Creek. But when Lizzie's aunt is implicated in the murder, she's determined to clear her name. Lizzie quickly realizes that Brody was a hunk with many hidden secrets, and she's soon leafing through a stack of suspects longer than Brody's list of lovers.

With the killer still on the loose, Lizzie will have to find the truth before this act of passion ignites a fire she can't put out.

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: I loved the plot of this book! It combined two of my favorite genres, mystery and romance! I guessed the culprit, but was wrong about the motive. I loved that Lizzie owned a romance bookstore, and that each room was themed around a different subgenre. I loved the beginnings of the romance that began for Lizzie in this book. I think this book was really well written!

Characters: Lizzie was a great main character! I liked all the supporting characters in the book, too! And as I already mentioned, I loved the romance that was hinted at.

The Cover:

Overall: I loved this book! It was a fantastic beginning to a new cozy series, that I know I will be continuing to read. Overall, I highly recommend it!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )