Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Review: No Ordinary Christmas (Mistletoe, Maine #1)!

Review: No Ordinary Christmas (Mistletoe, Maine #1) by Belle Calhoune


The quaint New England town of Mistletoe is thrilled to welcome back one of their own, Dante West. Now a famous Hollywood action star, Dante is filming a movie in town to help the local economy, as well as make amends with the people he hurt when he abruptly left Mistletoe all those years ago.

Librarian Lucy Marshall isn't thrilled to see Dante. He was once her best friend and first love until he left her behind without a word of goodbye. When Dante makes her an offer she can't refuse -- use of the library as a filming venue in exchange for a lucrative donation, Lucy finds herself spending a lot of time in Dante's company. With the magic of Christmas in the air, Dante and Lucy begin to forge a new bond. But can two people leading such different lives find lasting love the second time around?

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: This was a great second chance romance! Reading about Lucy and Dante finding their way back to each other was nice, and I loved all the Christmas in the book. It felt just like a Hallmark movie, which is a big compliment! It was all delightfully festive! (Um, Hallmark? Please make this into a movie!)

Characters: Lucy was a great main character! And even though I got frustrated with Dante at times, I quite liked him. Both of their families were fun, and I loved how big a part they played in the book. Lucy's little sister was adorable! And I liked the other characters, too!

The Cover: It's cute!

Overall: This was a fantastic book, and I loved reading it! And I'm definitely looking forward to more books in the series! (I have a thought about who the next book will be about, and I want to know if I'm right!) If you're looking for a festive Christmas romance, I highly recommend this book!

I received an e-ARC from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )