Thursday, June 9, 2022

Yay For Middle Grade Books! Interview With Lindsay Currie!


Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Lindsay Currie, the author of THE GIRL IN WHITE, which releases in September! She is also the author of multiple other MG books, including her 2021 release, What Lives in the Woods.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, THE GIRL IN WHITE?

I'd love to! THE GIRL IN WHITE follows the story of 12 year old Mallory Denton who lives in the fictional East coast town of Eastport, MA. Imagine Salem and Sleepy Hollow mashed together with a healthy dose of Halloweentown and you've got Eastport :) Here's an official blurb: 

For fans of Small Spaces and the Goosebumps series by R.L Stine comes a chilling story about a twelve-year old girl who must face down the most notorious ghost in her haunted East coast town to stop a centuries-old curse that threatens to destroy everything.

Mallory hasn't quite adapted to life in her new town of Eastport yet. Maybe it's because everyone is obsessed with keeping the town's reputation as the most cursed town in the US.

And thanks to the nightmares she's had since arriving, Mallory hardly sleeps. Combined with the unsettling sensation of being watched, she's quickly becoming convinced there's more to her town. Something darker.

When Mallory has a terrifying encounter with the same old woman from her dreams, she knows she has to do something―but what? With Eastport gearing up to celebrate the anniversary of their first recorded legend Mallory is forced to investigate the one legend she's always secretly been afraid of . . . Sweet Molly.

Did you always want to be a writer?

I've always loved to write, but I can't say I always wanted to be a writer. Truthfully, I grew up in a small town and as a child, the thought that I could be an author never occurred to me. We didn't have authors visit our schools or anything like that, so my perception of what a real author looked like was pretty skewed. I bet if you'd asked me, I would have described an older gentleman wearing spectacles and a smoking jacket sitting by a fireplace, haha. That said, as I got older and realized our dreams can become reality if we work at them hard enough, I made it my mission to become traditionally published and to this day, I remember my first book deal on a MG book. It was positively surreal!

Random Question! What’s your favorite TV show?

Wow! This is so hard! Of all time? If that's the case, I'd probably say 24 because I really did love that show. If you mean a show that's on now, I'd probably say Bridgerton (season 2 was by far my favorite. Those character arcs!). Of course, I still never turn off a rerun of Friends, haha.

If you're able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?

I'm currently working on my Fall 2023 release titled Come Out, Come Out! It's a spooky MG that takes place in the suburbs of Chicago and features some very obscure and chilling local history! I'm also working on a non-spooky book. Not really allowed to talk about that one yet, but I'm SO excited!

What are some of your favorite MG books you've read recently? And what are some that you're looking forward to reading?

Oh, so many! I've actually had the opportunity to blurb some books I really loved so I'll start there. THE EDGE OF IN BETWEEN by Lorelei Savaryn is lush, atmospheric, and spooky. And RAVENOUS THINGS by Derrick Chow is a spooktacular thrill ride! Lastly, while I didn't blurb this book, I enjoyed THE CLACKITY by Lora Senf - coming out soon as well! 

Thank you to Lindsay Currie for participating in this event! :)

Author Bio: Lindsay Currie loves a great mystery, and is the author of a number of award-winning mystery books for young readers. Her titles include THE PECULIAR INCIDENT ON SHADY STREET (2017, S&S) and SCRITCH SCRATCH (2020, Sourcebooks Young Readers), WHAT LIVES IN THE WOODS (2021, Sourcebooks Young Readers) and the forthcoming THE GIRL IN WHITE (2022, Sourcebooks Young Readers).

Here are a few links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )