Monday, July 26, 2021

Review: When a Duke Loves a Governess

 Review: When a Duke Loves a Governess (Unlikely Duchesses #3) by Olivia Drake


A stunning new Regency from beloved author Olivia Drake, When a Duke Loves a Governess...!

Tessa James has worked and planned tirelessly to open her own millinery shop. All she needs now is a loan from the lord who sired and abandoned her. The only problem is, she doesn’t even know his name. What’s a woman to do to find him but enter the aristocratic world by becoming a governess?

Guy Whitby, the new Duke of Carlin, has returned to London after years abroad to discover that his young daughter Sophy has become a wild-child known for scaring away every governess who's crossed his doorstep. When Tessa James applies for the job, he hires her in desperation despite his misgivings that she’s too bold and beautiful–and that she might be fibbing about her qualifications.

Their blooming attraction leads them on a completely unexpected path to love that neither wants to deny. But when an old enemy threatens Guy's family, their forbidden romance goes up in flames. Can they still learn to love and trust each other as forces try to tear them apart?

-summary and cover via Goodreads

Plot: It was so good! I went into this book expecting it to be a certain way, and it flipped so many things around in ways I didn't expect, which is a compliment! There were twists I didn't see coming, and it took turns I wasn't expecting, which was fun!

Characters: Tessa was such a great main character! I liked how she had her own dreams, completely unrelated to the aristocratic world. And Guy was a fantastic love interest! (Even when he was sticking his foot in his mouth!) I liked all the supporting characters, too. MINOR SPOILER: I hope we get a book about Will and Avis! END SPOILER

The Cover: I like it!

Overall: I went into this book expecting a fun read, but I underestimated how much I would like it! I loved this book, and I definitely want to read more books by Olivia Drake! If you're looking for a fantastic regency book, I highly recommend this one!

I received an e-ARC of this book from the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )