Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Summer Lovin': Interview With Dylan Newton!

 

Hi, everyone! Today I am pleased to present an interview with Dylan Newton, the author of the Adult Romance, How Sweet It Is, which releases today!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, How Sweet It Is?

Absolutely! HOW SWEET IT IS is a slow-burn, opposites-attract romantic comedy set in a small Upstate New York town. My heroine, Kate Sweet, is an event planner known as the Queen of Happily Ever Afters for her princess-style weddings. She agrees to take on a book launch as a favor to her best friend, in the hopes it'll help her land a coveted event planning award. Unfortunately, the book launch is for prolific horror writer, Drake Matthews, otherwise known as the Knight of Nightmares. He hates being in the public eye and just wants to hide away in his house writing...yet despite a disastrous first meeting, Kate discovers that the rumors about his eccentricities aren't true. In fact, there's more to this horror writer than anyone knows, including a writer's block that seems to disappear when spending time with Kate, and they make an agreement: he'll go along with her event planning ideas in exchange for her help researching his new book. They will both have to learn to step outside of their comfort zone to find success...and maybe some love...along the way! 

The main character, Kate, is an event planner. If you could have her plan any type of event for you, what would the theme be?

This is such a timely question, because I'm getting ready to have my own book launch, and boy, would I appreciate Kate's help right now! Kate is famous for creating "Aww!" moments that make her clients melt, and I'd love one of those. I'd ask her to create the most epic rom-com book launch, with crafted book paper favors, and those sweet (pun intended!) little touches that would make the launch memorable forboth my guests and myself. Where is my real-life Kate when I need her?

Random Question! What’s your favorite color?

My favorite color is yellow, because it's such a happy color...until I wear it, whereupon I transform into a haggard thing, with under-eye circles that rival the zombie extras' makeup in The Walking Dead. 

This answer made me laugh! :)

If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?

I'm currently awaiting edits for the second book of this rom-com series (which features Drake's youngest brother, Zander), as well as writing book 3 (which will feature the middle brother, Ryker). I so loved writing Drake as a character, I was worried I wouldn't enjoy writing the other brothers as much. But I'm happily surprised to find that I love writing his brothers' love stories maybe a little more than I did the oldest brother's story! They are so quirky and goofy-fun on the surface, but beneath they are so much more. This series has been a blast to create!

I loved both the brothers in How Sweet It Is, so I'm looking forward to their books!

What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to reading?

I was an English Lit major in college, so I'm a sucker for a classic romance read, like Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice--I've read that so many times, I named my cockatiel "Mr. Darcy"--and I took an entire semester's class on the Bronte sisters' works, loving every minute of it! But for contemporary romances, I love Abby Jimenez's rom-coms, with her sweary, fun, relatable heroines--and Life's Too Short was one of my favorite reads this year. As for the books I'm looking forward to, I have to say Farrah Rochon's newest, The Dating Playbook, which launches in August. I have to admit, I received an advanced reader's copy of this book, so I've already read it and can tell you that if you didn't think she could top, The Boyfriend Project, you're wrong! I'm anxiously awaiting the last in Farrah's series, which comes out next summer and the entire series is a great binge read!

I haven't read Farrah Rochon's books yet, but I've heard such great things about them! They are definitely on my TBR list.

Thank you to Dylan Newton for participating in this event! :)

Author Bio: Author Dylan Newton was born and raised in a small town where the library was her favorite hang-out. After over a decade working in corporate America, Dylan quit to pursue her passion: writing books. When she isn't writing her next romantic comedy, Dylan is pursuing her own happily ever after with her high school sweetheart as they split time between Florida and Upstate New York with their two much cooler daughters and a tone-deaf cockatiel.

Here Are a Few Links:

Her Website

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )