Sunday, July 18, 2021

Summer Lovin': Interview With Kristin Rockaway!

 

Hi, everyone! Today I am pleased to present an interview with Kristin Rockaway, the author of multiple books, including the YA novel, My Epic Spring Break (Up), which is out now, and the upcoming Adult book, Life, Unscheduled, which releases in September!

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, My Epic Spring Break (Up)?

My Epic Spring Break (Up) follows Ashley, a super-focused junior in high school with big dreams of becoming a coder in Silicon Valley. Her whole life revolves around planning for college -- no parties, no dating, nothing that her prankster friend Jason would classify as "fun." But when her plans for an important tech internship go sideways, she realizes she's not as in control of her future as she thought she was, and decides to spend her Spring Break living in the moment. That involves hanging out with her long-time crush, Walker, who may be more trouble than he seems -- especially once she discovers her feelings for Jason extend beyond friendship. If you like stories about girls who code, friends who fall in love, living in Brooklyn, or Taylor Swift fandom, you might enjoy this fast, fun read.

You have another book Life, Unscheduled releasing in September! Would you like to share a little about it?

Life, Unscheduled is my next adult novel, and it shares a lot of the same themes as My Epic Spring Break (Up). The main character, Nicole, is so engrossed in her job that she doesn't have much time for anything else. When the story opens, she's gunning for a big promotion at her AI firm and basically sleeping in the office. But when her best friend, Parisa, asks her to be her maid of honor in her upcoming wedding, Nicole needs to find a way to fit all those duties into her already jampacked schedule. And when she starts falling for one of Parisa's friends, Brandon, her perfectly organized schedule dissolves into pure chaos.

It sounds great!

Random Question! What is your favorite time of day?

Mid-morning -- from about 9AM to 11AM. I've had some time to shake off the grogginess of sleep and let the caffeine from my morning coffee kick in. During the week, my son is off at school and my husband's off at work, meaning the whole house is silent and I can finally spend some time alone with my writing.

If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?

I'm not sure how much I can give away! It's another adult novel, coming out in 2022, and in brief, it's about a woman who accepts a summer job as a private tutor for an ultra-wealthy family and finally gets a long-awaited chance to travel the world. She's expecting a fun adventure, but between her eccentric employer and their very strict, very good-looking bodyguard, her distaste for playing by the rules soon transforms the trip into a disaster.

What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to reading?

Some recent favorites are I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn, Second First Impressions by Sally Thorne, and Beach Read by Emily Henry. I'm looking forward to reading Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon and Emily Henry's next book, People We Meet On Vacation.

I LOVED I Love You So Mochi and Second First Impressions! Great picks!

Thank you to Kristin Rockaway for participating in this event! :)

Photo Credit: Holly Rone

Author Bio: Kristin Rockaway is a native New Yorker and recovering corporate software engineer. After working in the IT industry for far too many years, she finally traded the city for the surf and chased her dreams out to Southern California, where she spends her days happily writing stories instead of code. When she’s not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband and son, browsing the aisles of her neighborhood bookstores, and trying to catch up on sleep.

Here Are a Few Links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )