Friday, July 16, 2021

Summer Lovin': Interview With Jessica Patrick!

 

Hi, everyone! Today I am happy to present an interview with Jessica Patrick, the author of the YA Romance, This is For Tonight, which is out now! She also writes YA books as Jessica Love, including In Real Life.

The bold font are the questions I asked, the regular font are her answers, and the bold italic font are my comments about her answers.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, This Is For Tonight?

This Is For Tonight takes place over one weekend at a music festival where rival YouTubers are competing for an interview with the headlining band. There's lots of music and fun and hate-to-love romance, and there is also grief and fears about college and self-identity soul searching. 

Did you always want to write YA books?

Yes! I love YA so much! They are my favorite books to read, and I'm a high school teacher and librarian, so I love that I am surrounded by YA all the time. There's something so fun and special about that time in a person's life, and I really love revisiting it through my own stories.

Random Question! What’s your favorite Disney movie?

Impossible question! I'm a total Disney person, and there's something I love about pretty much every movie. Right now I'd say my favorite is Moana - I love the music and I have seen it a ton of times and it still makes me cry!

Great choice!

If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?

I'm working on a story that has a ghost in it. I've never written anything that wasn't 100% straight realistic contemporary before, so this is fun. But it's also a little stressful because ghosts come with a lot of rules I'm not used to thinking about! It's not under contract or anything, so hopefully I can finish it and someone will want to publish it. Cross your fingers!

*crosses fingers* :)

What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to reading?

Romance and rom-coms are pretty much all I've been reading lately! The world is too stressful - I need books that make me happy. For YA, I absolutely loved More Than Maybe by Erin Hahn and Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon. And I can't wait to read Rachel's newest YA We Can't Keep Meeting Like This. For adult, I recently read and loved Float Plan by Trish Doller and I'm anxiously waiting for my library hold of One Last Stop by Casey McQuinston to come in!

I've heard such great things about Float Plan, I want to read it!

Thank you to Jessica Patrick for participating in this event! :)


Photo credit: Marissa de la Torre

Author Bio: Jessica Patrick runs a high school library by day, writes YA romance novels by night, and pets as many dogs as possible in between. She lives in Southern California with her cute family and she has an MFA from Spalding University, an annual passport to Disneyland, and about 75 tabs open on her internet browser. She is the author of three novels, including This Is For Tonight.

Here Are a Few Links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )