Saturday, July 23, 2022

Summer Lovin’ 2022! Interview With Claire Kann!


Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Claire Kann, the author of The Romantic Agenda, which is out now! She is also the author of multiple other books, including the 2021 release, The Marvelous.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, The Romantic Agenda?

The Romantic Agenda is an adult contemporary romance starring Joy who is in love with Malcolm, who is dating Summer, who is best friends with Fox, who likes Joy! And they’re all spending an important weekend together where they’re finally forced to confront the tangled situation they’re in. It’s a messy, very queer love-square loosely inspired by My Best Friend’s Wedding.

Did you always want to be an author?

I didn’t! I wandered aimlessly for a while, working to support myself before deciding to go to college. I realized I wanted to be an author after taking a creative writing class.

Random Question! What’s your favorite flower?

Chrysanthemums. When I was a wee child, I read a picture book about a mouse ballerina called Chrysanthemum. It’s been my favorite word and flower ever since.

If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?
Currently I’m working on the second book in my middle grade duology Suitehearts. The first book releases January 3, 2023!

I’m also working on my second adult romance. It has a ridiculously long title, a fun premise, and the kind of asexual representation that I’ve always wanted to but never written before. I often say I’m working my way across the asexual spectrum as a joke but really, I’m quite serious about it.

What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to reading?

Favorites:
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
Seven Days in June by Tia Williams

I’m looking forward to:
The Make-Up Test by Jenny L. Howe
Bet On It by Jodie Slaughter

Thank you to Claire Kann for participating in this event! :)

Author Bio: Claire Kann is the author of several novels and an award-winning online storyteller. In her other life she works for a non-profit you may have heard of where she daydreams like she’s paid to do it. She loves cats and is obsessed with horror media (which makes the whole being known for writing contemporary love stories a little weird, tbh).

She is represented by Carrie Pestritto of Laura Dail Literary Agency.

Here are a few links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )