Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Summer Lovin’ 2022! Interview With Kate Pembrooke!


Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Kate Pembrooke, the author of Say You'll Be My Lady, which is out now! She is also the author of Not the Kind of Earl You Marry, which is also out now.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, Say You'll Be My Lady?

Since I’m the absolute worst at summing up the plots of my own books, here’s the back cover blurb: He lives by the ton’s rules…she lives to break them!

Lady Serena Wynter doesn’t mind flirting with a bit of scandal - she’s determined to ignore society’s strictures and live life on her own fiercely independent terms. These days, she chooses to pour her passions into charitable causes with the vibrant group of ladies in her Wednesday Afternoon Social Club. But there is one man who stirs Serena’s deepest emotions, one who’s irresistibly handsome, infuriatingly circumspect, and too honorable for his own good....

Charles Townshend, former boxer and consummate gentleman, worries Serena’s reckless nature will earn her the ton’s scorn...or put her in serious danger. Though Charles isn’t immune to the attraction between them, a shocking family secret prevents him from ever acting on his desires. But it seems Lady Serena doesn’t intend to let his penchant for propriety stand in the way of a mutually satisfying dalliance.

Also, for anyone looking to stretch their book budget, the ebook of Say You’ll be My Lady will be on sale the entire month of July for only $2.99 on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple books, Kobo, Google Play, etc.

The Unconventional Ladies of Mayfair series has been so good! Is there anything you can tell us about the next book?

Oh, gosh, the official blurb hasn’t been written yet, so bear with me as I *attempt* to sum up the plot of Sweet Dreams Are Made of Dukes. (And while I admit, it seems like this should be easy to do when you’ve written the darn book, trust me, it’s not!) She’s a bookish beauty with a penchant for defying the rules; he’s a rakish charmer trying to walk the straight and narrow.

Determined to find “The One”, Miss Phoebe Talbot has already turned down several proposals, when her father’s latest sure-thing investment scheme suddenly leaves the family’s finances in shambles. Now Phoebe is under a great deal of pressure to come to her family’s rescue by quickly making a brilliant match. Unfortunately, the only acceptable suitor who could easily restore her family’s finances is a man whose company she can barely abide for one evening, much less for a lifetime of marriage. But she may have no choice if she wishes to keep her family out of genteel poverty.

Simon Trentwell’s life came unmoored when a tragic accident took his older brother’s life. Since then Simon has depended on drinking, gambling, and women to dull his grief, earning him the reputation as the veriest of rakes. However, now he’s received an ultimatum from his grandfather, the Duke of Penwarren: sober up and live right, or his grandfather will bequeath Simon’s beloved childhood home, Briarley, to his odious cousin, Gregory. For Simon, losing Briarley would mean relinquishing a link to the happiest years of his life when his parents and his brother were still alive. He won’t let that happen. Determined to live the life of a perfect gentleman, Simon is in London for the Season trying to muster the enthusiasm to choose one of the young ladies his grandfather had decreed would make a suitable bride. If only he found them as fascinating as the girl from the bookshop. But even if he could overcome her reluctance to consider accepting a rake such as himself, Phoebe’s modern opinions make her completely inappropriate for his grandfather to approve as Simon’s bride.

Random Question! What’s your favorite time of year? 

Summer!!! I love hot weather and messing about in my flower beds and growing my tomatoes and herbs in pots on my deck. During the summer months, I’m frequently found outside reading a book with my feet propped up and an ice cold beverage nearby.

If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?

Right now I’m taking a break from writing and I’m trying to catch up on everything that gets cast aside when I’m having to meet book deadlines. But even if I’m not working on a particular project at the moment, I’m definitely thinking about what I’d like to write next. I’m still not sure what that’s going the be.

What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to reading?

Recently, I listened to the audiobooks of Caroline Linden’s Desperately Seeking Duke series and loved it. If you’ve never tried one of her books, I highly recommend them. In historical romance, I also adore titles by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, and Cathy Maxwell. I’m looking forward to catching up on Sherry Thomas’s Lady Sherlock series. I have Bethany Bennett’s latest book, Dukes Do it Better at the top of my TBR. And I have an ARC of Emily Sullivan’s upcoming release, The Hellion and the Hero, that I can’t wait to read!

Thank you to Kate Pembrooke for participating in this event! :)


Author Bio: Kate Pembrooke lives in the Midwest with her husband and two adorable pups. When she's not tapping away at her keyboard, she enjoys reading, puttering amongst her flowerbeds, taking beach vacations, and adding to her already extensive collection of cookbooks. She's ecstatically happy that being a writer allows her to indulge her passion for colorful pens and sticky notes.

Here are a few links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )