Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Summer Lovin’ 2022! Interview With Bethany Bennett!



Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Bethany Bennett, the author of Dukes Do It Better, which is out now! She is also the the author of multiple other books, including the first book in the series, Any Rogue Will Do.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, Dukes Do It Better?

Dukes Do It Better is the third book in my Misfits of Mayfair Trilogy. This is my single mom and reluctant duke/piratical sea captain story, focusing on Emma and Malachi. While each book is written as a standalone, the series is heavily interconnected, so I recommend reading them in order. That way, when you have all three couples on the page in this one, you get the full measure of fun and found family. I’d suggest Emma and Malachi’s story if you like sexy historical romances, baby goats who destroy everything, graverobbing that somehow turned funny, and a tattooed hero who is utterly gone for his woman.

Did you always want to be an author?

Yes, but I was scared. For decades, the thought of putting these stories on paper for all the world to see, terrified me. It wasn’t until I decided fear wouldn’t dictate my life anymore, that I finally committed myself to the dream of writing. After that, it was all about pushing past the fear, embracing mentorship from other writers, and actually doing the thing. Writing. Not just wishing or making mood boards on Pinterest. Writing. A RWA writing contest landed me an amazing agent, and the rest has been a wild ride.

Random Question! What’s your favorite flower?

I’m a sucker for tulips, daisies, and peonies. My garden is a wild tangle of perennials, because I love flowers but hate fussing with the actual work of gardening. Really, I love almost any flower except lilies. Lilies remind me of funerals, so I think lilies smell like dead people. Not logical, I know. Brains are weird things.

If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?

I just signed another contract with Grand Central Forever for 2 books in a new series. My Bluestocking Booksellers will focus on working class Regency heroines and the aristocratic men who steal their hearts in the family bookstore.

What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to reading?

Oh, this is a hard question. I have so many favorites! Although, I do tend to stick to romance for my relaxation reading, so that narrows the field somewhat. Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie is an all-time fave. Anything by Tessa Dare or Eloisa James, of course. I’ve also been enjoying the extensive backlist of Pippa Grant, Virginia Heath, and Nicole Locke. Some recent books I’ve loved were by Anne Aguirre, Rebekah Weatherspoon, Catherine Stein, Samara Parish, Kate Bateman, and Daphne Chase. The list could go on and on. One of the best things about writing, is connecting with other authors and discovering how wickedly talented they are!

As to the books I’m looking forward to, I have to confess an addiction to the holiday stories we get each year. They start popping up on Netgalley right when the weather begins to be unbearably hot (sorry, Summer. I’m from Alaska. I don’t like you). Holiday romances about snow, gingerbread, and mistletoe are how I get through these sticky, sweaty months.

Thank you to Bethany Bennett for participating in this event! :)


Author Bio: Bethany grew up in a small fishing village in Alaska where required learning included life-skills like cold-water survival, along with several other subjects that are utterly useless as a romance writer. Eventually settling in the Northwest with her real-life hero and two children, she enjoys mountain views from the comfort of her sofa, wearing a tremendous amount of flannel, and drinking more coffee than her doctor deems wise.

Here are a few links:

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )