Thursday, July 21, 2022

Summer Lovin’ 2022! Interview With Lucy Keating!


Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Lucy Keating, the author of Ride With Me, which is out now! She is also the author of multiple other books, including Literally, which is also out now.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, Ride With Me?

Ride With Me is about a teen named Charlie, who is desperate to get out of her small Massachusetts town and see the world. Charlie loves her town but feels she's outgrown it, and she's ready for her next step, and as a result, she maybe isn't treating the town/those in it with enough kindness and respect. Until one night, while driving for her school's ride-share service, she backs into Andre's car. Andre is the school's resident party boy, he loves their town and everyone in it. In order to avoid being reported to the ride-share company, Charlie agrees to drive Andre around for free, and of course, their differences rise to the surface immediately. Through fights, misunderstandings, and makeups, Charlie and Andre each help the other gain a new perspective on their world.

Did you always want to be an author?

Yes! But I think I was afraid to say so. As a kid I was always filling notebooks with stories, writing in a journal, and as I got older, writing dramatic romance screenplays on my hot pink iMac in high school! I was afraid to commit to my dream, however, so I went into publishing first, and from there was ready to make the leap: I can DO this! I AM doing this already! My advice to writers is simply: if you are writing, then you are a writer. Simple as that. Don't be afraid to own that dream. 

Random Question! What’s your favorite thing to bake?

Ugh, fantastic question. Since this post is coming out in the summertime, I'll share that there's a strawberry cake on Smitten Kitchen that is simple, delicious, and impossible to mess up! You make a simple butter cake and then layer halved strawberries on top, and when it bakes, it becomes this delicious jammy thing. HIGHLY recommend. Also, second runner-up. the choc chip cookie recipe on the back of Trader Joe's chocolate chips are the best cookies I've ever made :) 

If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?

I've been hard at work on a weird thriller/adventure story for about 3 years now [gasp!] I've never written a mystery so it's taken me a long long time, but I think I'm finally getting there! I can't wait for people to see it one day. Of course, there is romance in it, too!

What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to reading?

I love anything written by Katie Cotugno. How To Love, Top Ten, Birds of California. She writes YA and Adult romance, and she does romantic banter/flirting better than ANYONE. I'm also currently listening to "Yinka, Where Is Your Husband?" On audio right now, and loving it.

Thank you to Lucy Keating for participating in this event! :)

Here are a few links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )