Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Summer Lovin’ 2022! Interview With Maya Prasad!


Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Maya Prasad, the author of Drizzle, Dreams, and Lovestruck Things, which releases in October!

Would you please tell us a little about your book, Drizzle, Dreams, and Lovestruck Things?
Drizzle, Dreams, and Lovestruck Things is the story of the four Singh sisters over four seasons as  they navigate new passions, breathtaking kisses, and the bustle of their father’s cozy cliffside  inn. It takes place in the drizzly and dreamy Pacific Northwest, and is a celebration of sisterhood,  identity, and the love all around us. It would be great for fans of Jenny Han and LITTLE  WOMEN.
The book takes place in all four seasons, so I have to ask: Which season is your favorite?
I live for summer. It’s truly glorious in the Pacific Northwest, a break from the relentless cloudy  skies and rain that we’re so famous for. It generally doesn’t climb above the 80s or get humid, so  the sun really just feels wonderful on your skin. In June, twilight lasts till after 10pm, and I love  getting out to the water and swimming or beachcombing with my kiddo. (We also have lovely  beaches). 
Fall and sweater weather and warm drinks are a close second, though! 
Random Question! What’s your favorite movie?
I really don’t have just one, so here are a few of my faves. Currently, my go-to rom-com is  definitely TO ALL THE BOYS I’VE LOVED BEFORE, which makes me happy when I’m in a  funk. I grew up rewatching Meg Ryan rom-coms over and over again, including SLEEPLESS IN  SEATTLE, YOU’VE GOT MAIL, and FRENCH KISS. I love the humor in THE PRINCESS  BRIDE and used to be able to quote it line for line. I also enjoy the very specific kinds of humor  in Wes Anderson films—RUSHMORE is a longstanding favorite. Finally, kid adventures like  THE GOONIES are totally up my alley.
If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?
I’m working on the untitled sequel to DRIZZLE, DREAMS, AND LOVESTRUCK THINGS!  While the first book takes place over the course of a year, the second book takes place all in just  one day. I love experimenting with unique structures, so it was a lot of fun to take on the  challenge of fitting big emotions and epiphanies over the course of one wild, windy day.

I also have an upcoming kids’ chapter book series, starting with SEJAL BATTLES SUPER  STORMS. It’s about an Indian American girl who uses sciences and her trusty cardboard box to  fly into the eye of a hurricane to try to save her family’s Diwali celebration. These will publish  with Simon & Schuster/Aladdin in 2023.
What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to  reading?
I mainly read YA romance, and I’m a huge fan of Jenny Han, Maurene Goo, and Sandhya  Menon. I love all of Rachel Lynn Solomon’s books also, both her adult romances and her YAs.  Recently, I’ve been reading a lot of books by fellow ’22 debuts, and I highly recommend A 
LITTLE BIT COUNTRY by Brian D. Kennedy, BEING MARY BENNET by JC Peterson, and  ALL THAT’S LEFT IN THE WORLD by Erik J. Brown. In 2023, I’m very much looking  forward to THE LOVE MATCH by Priyanka Taslim.
Thanks so much for having me on your blog! Happy reading everybody!
Thank you to Maya Prasad for participating in this event! :)

Author BioMaya Prasad is a South Asian American author, a Caltech graduate, and a former software engineer. She currently resides in the Pacific Northwest, where she enjoys hiking, canoeing, and raising her budding bookworm kiddo. Drizzle, Dreams, and Lovestruck Things is her debut YA novel, to be published by Disney-Hyperion in October 2022.

Visit her website www.mayaprasad.com or find her on Instagram and Twitter @msmayaprasad.

Here are a few links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )