Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Summer Lovin’ 2022! Interview With Michelle I. Mason!


Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Michelle I. Mason, the author of My Second Impression of You, which releases in September! She is also the author of Your Life Has Been Delayed, which is out now.

Would you please tell us a little about your book, My Second Impression of You?

MY SECOND IMPRESSION OF YOU is about 16-year-old Maggie, who dreams of a Broadway career. Her life seems perfect, including the perfect boyfriend, Theo, but just when she’s expecting the perfect promposal, he dumps her. On the way out, Maggie breaks her foot so badly she needs surgery, which means she can’t do the school play that week or audition for another role she really wanted. When she gets a text offering her the opportunity to relive her best day ever—the day she met Theo—she takes it. But it comes with some uncomfortable side effects that give her a whole new perspective on Theo, her best friend, her family, and another guy she’s always detested. It comes out Sept. 20!

Did you always want to be an author?

It’s definitely been a dream for me from when I was quite young. However, I didn’t really see it as a viable option for many years, so I pursued a career in public relations. Then, during a talk by a visiting author, I decided to start writing again, and (several years later) here we are!

Random Question! What’s your favorite color?

Blue!

If you’re able to talk about it, what are you currently working on?

Most authors have a project they just keep going back to because it won’t let them go. I have one like that. I originally wrote it ten years ago, returned to it again about five years ago, and now I’m tackling it again. I don’t know if it will become a published book, but I hope so because I really love this story. It has music, magic, and romance.

What are some of your favorite Romance books? And what are some you’re looking forward to reading?

I used to read a lot of adult romance, but these days I mainly read YA romance. I will read anything by Kasie West, Kara McDowell, Stephanie Garber, and Debbie Rigaud. Last year I also adored SHIPPED by Meredith Tate, THE JASMINE PROJECT by Meredith Ireland, and WHERE THE RHYTHM TAKES YOU by Sarah Dass.


I’m really looking forward to EVERY TIME YOU GO AWAY by Abigail Johnson and HOT DUTCH DAYDREAM by Kristy Boyce.

Thank you to Michelle I. Mason for participating in this event! :)

Author Bio: Michelle I. Mason is the author of Your Life Has Been Delayed and the forthcoming My Second Impression of You (September 2022), both from Bloomsbury YA. Michelle spent ten years as a PR manager promoting everything from forklift rodeos to Hotel Olympics before deciding she’d rather focus on made-up stories. When she isn’t writing, she’s probably reading, watching too much TV, cross-stitching, baking amazing brownies, or playing the violin. Michelle lives in St. Louis with her husband, two kids, and matching dog and cat.

Here are a few links:

Her Website

Her Twitter

Her Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )