Sunday, January 9, 2022

Interview With Ava Wilder!



Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Ava Wilder, author of How to Fake it in Hollywood, which releases in June!

Would you please describe your book, How to Fake it in Hollywood, in seven words?

Faking feelings is easy for actors… right?

What was the inspiration for the book?

I’ve always been fascinated by pop culture and celebrity gossip (mostly because being famous seems incredibly bizarre and not that fun). If you spend any time in the celebrity gossip space, couples that may or may not be P.R. set-ups are a huge source of conversation & speculation. Since fake dating is a classic romance trope, it seemed natural to go in that direction with it.

Random Question! What’s your favorite time of year?

I love the fall! First of all, that’s when my birthday is, but it’s also the Jewish new year and the start of the school year, so there’s always a sense of new beginnings. I also thrive in boots-tights-light jacket weather. 

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Don’t be too hard on yourself if you’re not as productive as you’d like to be. I spent the vast majority of my twenties not writing at all, and I thought that meant I never would, because I had wasted so much time. But it wasn’t actually wasted, because I needed to take that time for my voice and my point of view to develop. 

Reading, traveling, watching TV/movies/concerts/theater/dance, going to museums, going to parties, going to therapy, going to school, dating, meeting new people, picking up new hobbies— any experience that gives you a better understanding of yourself, other people, and/or the world around you will make you a better writer. 

Even if you’re not sitting down and writing x words every day right now, trust that the experiences you’re having instead will eventually amount to something, and that the right project will come along that will make you WANT to sit down and write.

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2022? And if you’ve already read some ‘22 books, would you like to mention them?

There are so many amazing adult romances coming out next year, especially debuts– I wish I had space to name them all! I’ve already read A BRUSH WITH LOVE by Mazey Eddings, IN THE EVENT OF LOVE by Courtney Kae, LEASE ON LOVE by Falon Ballard, THE MAKE-UP TEST by Jenny Howe, and LOVE & OTHER DISASTERS by Anita Kelly, and they were all incredible. I also have ARCs of WEATHER GIRL by Rachel Lynn Solomon, FOOL ME ONCE by Ashley Winstead, THE ASTRONAUT AND THE STAR by Jen Comfort, and KAMILA KNOWS BEST by Farah Heron that I’m SO excited to dive into.


Author Bio: Ava Wilder is a contemporary romance writer. Her debut novel, HOW TO FAKE IT IN HOLLYWOOD, will be out Summer 2022 from Bantam Dell. No one is more surprised than she is that her lifelong obsession with pop culture actually led to something useful. 

She currently lives in Oklahoma City, with her fiancĂ© and their toothless cat. 

Ava is represented by Jessica Mileo and Claire Friedman at InkWell Management.

Here Are A Few Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )