Thursday, January 6, 2022

Interview With Becky Dean!




Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Becky Dean, the author of the YA novel, Love & Other Great Expectations, which releases in June!

Would you please describe your book, Love & Other Great Expectations,
in seven words?

Literature, love, and adventure in England (hey, I did it in six!)

Love & Other Great Expectations has a classic novel scavenger hunt.
What is your favorite classic?

Just one?? I love Pride and Prejudice, and I’m also a huge fan of C.S
Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien and the Chronicles of Narnia and the Lord of
the Rings. Sorry, I cheated!

Random Question! What is your favorite movie?

The Lord of the Rings. I can’t narrow it down to one of the three films,
but since the book trilogy was originally written as a single volume and
the movies were filmed at the same time, I consider them all together!

What's one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Find some writer friends! Seriously, even for introverts like me who
aren’t great at it, it’s totally worth reaching out to find a community,
even if it’s a small one. I wouldn’t have gotten through the years of
learning and rejection and disappointment without the encouragement of
friends. It’s great to have others who are further along than you to
learn from, some at the same stage for support and sharing struggles,
and I’m a big believer in passing on what I’ve learned to those who are
starting out to encourage them as well. Even if it’s hard, try to put
yourself out there, whether on social media or at conferences or in a
local in-person group, until you find your people.

What are some books you're looking forward to reading in 2022? And if
you've already read some '22 books, would you like to mention them?

Oh, man, there are so many great books coming out in 2022! I’m excited
for fellow 22 Debuts: Accomplished: A Georgie Darcy Novel by Amanda
Quain, Being Mary Bennett by J.C. Peterson (I’m sensing an Austen theme
here!), and Portrait of a Thief by Grace D. Li, among many others. It’s
not a debut, but I’m also looking forward to Activated by Nova McBee,
which is the third book in an exciting series. I got to read part of it
so far, and it’s just as amazing as the first two, Calculated and
Simulated.


Author Bio: Becky Dean is a fan of adventures both real and fictional. When she’s not writing or traveling, she can be found drinking tea, watching science fiction shows, or quoting The Lord of the Rings. Though she’s a proud Baylor grad and lives in Texas with her husband, she remains a Southern California girl at heart.

Here Are A Few Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )