Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Interview With J.C. Peterson!



Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with J.C. Peterson , author of Being Mary Bennet, which releases in March!

Would you please describe your book, Being Mary Bennet, in seven words?

You deserve to be a main character. Okay, but also the *vibes* version... Foggy days and Earl Grey for life.

I have to ask, what is your favorite Jane Austen novel?

This is so tough! Pride & Prejudice was the first Austen I read (and watched), and it will always be my favorite. But as I've gotten older, I find a lot that I really connect to in Persuasion. It's a quietly gorgeous story.

Random Question! What is your favorite color?

Green, like that muted blue-green you'll find deep in a pine forest. It's the sort of green that you can smell. I live in a city, but at heart I'm a woods witch. A woods witch who needs to be able to walk down the block to the coffee shop every morning.

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?

Celebrate the small wins! I need to take this advice myself, but it's so easy to forever move the goal posts. To tell yourself, Oh, this isn't that impressive; I'll celebrate when I reach X. But this business is a lot of rejection, and if you don't take a second to recognize and celebrate the milestones, you can feel like you've accomplished nothing.

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2022? And if you’ve already read some ‘22 books, would you like to mention them?

Oh man, so many! This is a totally random assortment, but I'm really excited for The League of Gentlewomen Witches by India Holton (it comes out the same day as Being Mary Bennet!); One True Loves by Elise Bryant; Accomplished by Amanda Quain (another P&P-inspired debut!); Hotel Magnifique by Emily J. Taylor; Kaikeyi by Vaishnavi Patel; Love From Scratch by Kaitlyn Hill; The Loophole by Naz Kutub. Actually, just go to 22debuts.com and apologize in advance to your TBR pile. 



Here Are A Few Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )