Sunday, January 23, 2022

Interview With Susan Lee!


Hi, everyone! Today I'm happy to present an interview with Susan Lee, author of Seoulmates, which releases in September!

Would you please describe your book, Seoulmates, in seven words?
Childhoold-friends-to-lovers with K-drama flair. (8?) :)
 
Jacob is starring in a K-drama, so I have to ask, what are some of your favorite K-dramas?
I have SO many favorites. But the ones I think fit the swoony vibes of my book include True Beauty, Hometown Cha Cha Cha, Our Beloved Summer, and Romance Is A Bonus Book. 
 
Random Question! Your bio mentions your bias is V, so I also have to ask this! What is your favorite BTS song?
You are really asking the impossible questions! :) My favorite song for this book is “Spring Day”…it’s on my playlist. My favorite lesser known song is “Hold Me Tight” (co-written by my boy, V!)  My favorite song performed live is “Idol”. And my favorite line from a song is from “ON”…”Can’t hold me down ‘cause you know I’m a fighter”. (I swear I’m gonna get that tattooed on me at some point!)

What’s one piece of advice you would give aspiring authors?
Focus on YOUR story. This industry can really play with your head and trying to guess what agents, editors, readers want is paralyzing. Writers need to tell their story in their hearts, in their minds…that has to be first and foremost or you’ll so easily get lost in the expectations of others. 

What are some books you’re looking forward to reading in 2022? And if you’ve already read some ‘22 books, would you like to mention them?
2022 is so FULL of exciting books. I’ll focus on those debuting this year! Some of my favorites so far (mind you, I am a big Romance reader!): A BRUSH WITH LOVE by Mazey Eddings, A LITTLE BIT COUNTRY by Brian D. Kennedy, SOME MISTAKES WERE MADE by Kristin Dwyer, LOVE FROM SCRATCH by Kaitlyn Hill, THE NOH FAMILY by Grace Shim…and throwing 2 of my most anticipated non-debut books out there: SOMETHING WILDER by Christina Lauren and BOOK LOVERS by Emily Henry! 


Photo Credit: Sylvie Rosokoff

Author Bio: Susan Lee has built a career as a Human Resources executive at successful startups such as Spotify and Warby Parker. Her biggest job takeaway: we are all, for the most part, ridiculous. And she channels this into her writing of light-hearted, quirky novels about the oftentimes hilarious human condition. Susan is a 2018 PitchWars alum, a 2019 & 2020 PitchWars mentor, a 2019 Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® winner, and an avid K-pop and K-drama fan. Her bias is V/Taehyung, which for those in the know, explains it all.

Here Are A Few Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
It makes me smile! : )